Covid 19 Pandemic- Important Updates
NB: Keep up to date via the parish Facebook page (Ardboe Parish) and through the bulletin on the parish website www.parishofardboe.com
In accordance with Archbishop Eamon Martin directives the following actions have been taken:
CLOSURE OF CHURCHES AND BURIAL GROUNDS IN NORTHERN IRELAND
All places of worship and burial grounds in Northern Ireland were closed at 11 pm on Saturday 28th March under the order of government, Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (NI) 2020. These new regulations were announced late on Saturday night and came into force almost immediately.
The government regulations state that all Church buildings and burial grounds in Northern Ireland are to be closed immediately. The relevant sections of the law read as follows:
Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (NI) 2020. Section 4, subsections 5,6 and 8:
(5) A person who is responsible for a place of worship must ensure that, during the emergency period, the place of worship is closed, except for uses permitted in paragraph (6). (6) A place of worship may be used— (a) for funerals, (b) to broadcast an act of worship, whether over the internet or as part of a radio or television broadcast, or (c) to provide essential voluntary services or urgent public support services (including the provision of food banks or other support for the homeless or vulnerable people, blood donation sessions or support in an emergency).
(8) A person who is responsible for a crematorium or burial ground must ensure that, during the emergency period, the crematorium or burial ground is closed to members of the public, except for funerals or burials.
ONLINE AND RADIO BROADCASTS OF MASS
- Vatican Television – During these days, Pope Francis has arranged for his celebration of Mass to be televised from the Vatican. The broadcast is simultaneously translated into the English language. For access please link to https://www.vaticannews.va/en.html
- Webcams – Around the country, some parish churches and cathedrals have installed webcams for the broadcast of Mass and these can accessed on the following websites:
- Radio Broadcasts: RTÉ One TV and RTÉ Radio 1 Extra/Longwave
Radio Maria Ireland, EWTN, Shalom TV, Diocesan arrangements for broadcast, online and streaming of Mass
PARISH DRAW POSTPONED
Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation we have decide to suspend the Parish Draw for the foreseeable future.
Those who pay the parish draw by standing order may wish to leave their standing order to continue to run as normal or you may wish to suspend your standing order with your bank until we can safely resume the parish draw. Whichever month that the draw will resume, all outstanding missed draws will take place on that night.
Example: No draw for April & May and the draw resumes in June all 3 draw will take place on that night.
All Parish Draw Promoters will also resume at the same time
We thank you for your continued support of the Parish and trust you will keep safe & well.
Above all, be careful, stay safe, help those in greatest need and pray.